Ultra-Fudgy Sweet Potato Loaf2017-03-29
- Yield : 1 loaf
- Servings : 10 slices
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 60m
Looking for a way to satisfy your sweet tooth (teeth)? How about sneaking an extra serving of veggies in with your breakfast? Look no further than this super moist and decident sweet potato, chocolate loaf.
Originally, I had all intentions of making this batter into easy muffins – but our muffin tin was MIA. If you decide you’d like to try that route, muffin wrong with that – go for it! (just decrease baking time to 15 minutes or less)
Seriously friends, this is one of the most satisfying breakfasts I’ve had in a while and I put a lot of emphasis on a good breakfast in my life.
Hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups pureed sweet potatos
- 1.5 cups oat flour (ground oats)
- 1/4 cup unsweetend almond milk
- 1/2-3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup + 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 T cinnamon
- 2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds to blend in (optional)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips/crushed almonds to mix in (optional)
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Boil 2 medium diced sweet potatoes in a sauce pan for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Remove skin and puree in a blender or food processor until smooth.
2. In a large bowl, combine sweet potato puree, milk and maple syrup. Add in oat flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and any other add-ins you choose. Combine until dough is thoroughly incorperated.
3. Place the dough in a greased bread loaf pan and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until fork comes out clean and the top is hardened a bit. It is ok to underbake slightly as it will make for a fudgier loaf. Let cool completely and enjoy topped with nut butter of choice!
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
5 people rated this recipe