As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This crispy, and spicy sandwich is quick and easy.
Estimated Cost Per Serving: $ 1.02
Buffalo Tofu Sandwich
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 2 cups of Panko-style bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of plant-based milk
- Tomato, sliced
- Buffalo sauce
- Whole wheat bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- While oven is preheating, slice tofu into 4 parts. Press and squeeze water out of tofu.
- Place plant-based milk in a bowl, and Panko-style crumbs on a plate.
- Dip tofu into plant-based milk, and roll on plate of crumbs. Push the crumbs into tofu.
- Place tofu on a non stick baking sheet, and cook for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes flip, and cook for 15 more.
- Place buffalo sauce in a bowl, and heat in the microwave. Brush sauce onto the tofu pieces.
- Place tofu slice on bread, and top with tomato, and sprouts.
- Note: If the crumbs are having a hard time sticking, add more sauce.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.