As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
So I talked about making this on my post for the $25 meal plan challenge a couple weeks back. I thought I’d do a formal post so you can go back to that plan and use this in place of dinners or in general make this and just love it – do as you please! It’s super simple and comes together fairly quickly.
Chickpea Tandoori w/ Risotto
- 1 cup of Risotto or Rice (dried, any grain is fine)
- 2-3 cups of Veggie Stock (broth or water is fine. amount depends on what grain you pick)
- 15 ounces of Chickpeas (1 can)
- 1 cup of Tomato Soup (or thin sauce)
- 1/4 of a large Yellow Onion (in rings)
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Tandoori Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Lemon Pepper
- In a medium pot, cook your rice or risotto as instructed. Risotto takes about 3 cups liquid per 1 cup dried, rice is just a 2-1 ratio.
- In a large sauce pan, combine your tomato soup, chickpeas, seasonings and onion over a medium heat.
- After 20 minutes on medium, drop the heat to a simmer and stir in your coconut milk or any non-dairy milk. Let simmer for another 10 minutes or until thick.
- Serve hot over rice or risotto and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.