As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You can make an entire meal out of just a few ingredients like these sweet potato boats. They are full of powerful nutrients and don’t take a lot of effort to create. Drizzle with your favorite vegan-friendly sauce and enjoy! So what do you need? Just sweet potatoes, chickpeas, marinara sauce and the toppings of your liking.
Isn’t this the easiest lunch ever? Imagine when you’re feeling unprepared and are lacking ingredients, you’ll most likely have one sweet potato and a can of chickpeas! Right? Mix the chickpeas with a yummy sauce and spices while you’re baking the sweet potato cut in halves and voila! Fill them up and lunch is served!
Don’t have chickpeas? Try black beans! Don’t have marinara sauce? Use some tahini mixed with some soy sauce! These are the best recipes! The ones when you can replace ingredients and still get a fantastic result.
No one has plenty of time to prepare lunch! We are either at the office or working somewhere so we can’t take an hour or more to make something on the spot. These chickpea sweet potato boats are perfect for preparing the day ahead and taking them to work in a container. Heat them up or eat them at room temperature. Ideal!
Sweet potatoes are so great! They are full of fiber and keep fuller for longer, plus they last longer in your pantry without going bad! Make sure to store them somewhere dry and somewhat dark, and you’ll have them for fresh for days.
What’s your favorite way to eat them? So many options!
Chickpea Sweet Potato Boats
- 2 sweet potatoes, washed and pat dried
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 15 ounces of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup of sunflower sprouts
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice sweet potatoes in half and brush with oil. Place sweet potatoes facing upwards on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until insides are soft.
- Add chickpeas to a separate baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and paprika. Bake for 10 minutes or until started to turn golden.
- Remove sweet potatoes and chickpeas from oven. Spread the tops with marinara sauce. Add the sprouts and then chickpeas on top. Serve warm.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.