As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Who doesn’t love to munch on some delicious Funfetti Cupcakes? They are fun, sweet, fluffy, and surprisingly easy to prepare. This plant-based recipe will please the entire family and will make for a perfect alternative to birthday cake when short on time. Let’s get our oven mitts and chef hats out and let’s do some baking!
Are Funfetti Cupcakes Difficult to Prepare?
Not at all! Actually compared to other cupcake and cakes recipes this one is easy peasy. First of all, you’ll only use one bowl and you won’t have to separate the dry ingredients from the wet ingredients, win! You also won’t need any fancy baking techniques or difficult to find ingredients so that means, we can officially stamp this Funfetti Cupcake recipe as an easy one. Beginner cooked approved.
Do I Need a Stand Mixer To Make Funfetti Cupcakes?
Absolutely not! Although having one can make baking a lot easier, a simple handheld mixer will do just fine and the result will be sweet and delicious plant-based cupcakes all the same.
Can I Freeze These Vegan Cupcakes?
Good news, yes you can and you should if you made too many of them. You can simply store them in a freezer-friendly bag or container and take them out whenever you want to eat them. Remove them from the bag or container and place them in a cooling rack to thaw for 30 minutes more or less. Voila! You have yourselves some quick and effortless cupcakes ready to be topped with some creamy vanilla buttercream frosting!
More Plant-Based Baking Inspo?
- Depression Era Vanilla Cupcakes
- Peach Blueberry Muffins
- Aaron’s Grandma’s Vegan Banana Bread
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups of granulated sugar depending on your sweet tooth
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of white or apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons of canola or vegetable oil
- 2 cups of water
- ⅓ cup of rainbow sprinkles plus more for topping
- 1 batch of vanilla frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C). Line two cupcake tins with silicone or paper baking cups.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (or in a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer or wooden spoon), mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, vanilla extract, vinegar, oil, and water until smooth. When completely mixed, stir in the sprinkles.
- Pour the batter into each baking cup until it’s three-quarters full.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Test a cupcake by sticking a toothpick in the middle. If the toothpick comes out dry, the cupcakes are done.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting. Sprinkle on some sprinkles for garnish, if using.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.
Photos by Alfonso Revilla