If you’re new to tempeh, then this flavor-packed recipe will an amazing introduction! Eat it with some plain rice and steamed veggies.
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- ¼ cup of finely diced yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of minced ginger
- 1 (8-ounce) package of tempeh
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoon of lime juice (about half of a lime)
- 1 teaspoon of a liquid sweetener (agave or maple syrup)
- Cooked brown rice (optional)
- Your favorite steamed veggies (optional)
- Minced cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the onions, garlic, ginger, and saute for 1 minute. Using your fingers, crumble the tempeh directly into the pan, and saute for another 1 to 2 minutes, stirring regularly until the tempeh is lightly browned.
- Pour in the tamari sauce, lime juice, and your choice of a liquid sweetener, and stir until absorbed.
- Serve over cooked brown rice with your favorite steamed veggies, and with minced cilantro and lime wedges as garnish (if using).
Keywords: ginger tempeh, lime tempeh, spicy tempeh, sauteed tempeh, tempeh recipe