- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
This is one of my favorite pasta recipes and it has been wonderful to create a cream sauce that we love! Enjoy! Inspiration from Chef Chloe.
- 16 oz. brown rice penne pasta (or your own choice)
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch
- 2 15-oz cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained, and divided
- 1 cup plain soy, almond, or rice milk
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- A few dashes of cayenne
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
For pasta: Cook pasta according to directions on package. For the last 3 minutes of the pasta cooking, add the asparagus. Drain as usual when finished.
Meanwhile, for sauce: Combine in blender until smooth: 1/2 drained beans (1 can), garlic, milk, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Transfer to medium saucepan and heat over medium heat. Next, in the blender, place 1 cup water and 1/2 cup cashews together and blend until creamy. Add this cream to the saucepan, along with tomatoes, the other drained beans, red pepper flakes, and cayenne, and continue to heat until pasta is ready.
Assembly: Once pasta and asparagus is drained and returned to pot, immediately add sauce mixture to it, stir, and serve.
Average Member Rating
(4.4 / 5)
9 people rated this recipe