Roasted Red Pepper and Basil Soup2013-12-15
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
My friend, Laura, at healthylivinglaura.com, created this recipe that my family just absolutely loved!! Mmmm- it’s so creamy and the flavor just pops! I doubled her recipe and added more milk. Perfect for this cold season! Enjoy!
*You’ll need a food processor for this– I haven’t tried doing it another way yet*
- 3-4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- about 4 cups water or more if needed
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or rice milk, (plus about 1 cup more to thin, if needed)
- 2/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, pre-roasted (I sliced the pepper in half, seeded it, and placed in a 350 F oven for 10 min on each side) and chopped after cooled
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- pepper, to taste
In a large pot, boil water, add salt, and add potatoes to boil for about 30-35 minutes.
When potatoes are finished cooking, rinse them and add to a food processor. Add the 1/2 cup milk and blend for 1 minute. The potatoes will have a creamy consistency.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the processor- basil, red pepper, tahini, and pepper to taste. To thin out the soup, add desired amount of milk and pulse to combine ingredients. Stop when you reach the desired consistency. Reheat in a soup pot and serve.
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
5 people rated this recipe