Spicy Tomato Basil Pasta2013-06-23
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 12m
- Ready In : 25m
After many different nights in the kitchen, our recipe is finally perfected! Simple, spicy, and delicious! Sometimes we do it with a gluten-free pasta and enjoy it even more. Enjoy!
- 8-12 oz. pasta of choice
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons pressed garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, sliced into shreds
- 1/2 cup spinach, sliced into shreds
- 3-5 Roma tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 14.5 oz canned diced tomatoes, salsa-style
Cook pasta according to package.
Sauté garlic and red pepper flakes in oil on medium high heat until almost golden.
Add mushrooms and sauté 2-3 minutes. Add basil and spinach, sauté for another minute or so.
Add canned tomatoes, stir, and heat for about a minute. Add fresh tomatoes, stir, and heat through for about a minute. Turn the heat low until ready to use.
Average Member Rating
(4.3 / 5)
6 people rated this recipe