As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
From the author: This Sweet & Salty Tofu Bites recipe is super fast, really tasty, and only costs a couple of bucks for the tofu. It’s great finger food, snack, salad topper, or a quick meal if you want to serve it with a side of veggies.
There’s some oil involved in this recipe, so be thoughtful of that, and make sure to remove the triangles from the oil and onto a paper towel to soak up any excess.
From Plant-Based on a Budget: There can never be too many tofu recipes in our book, and that is one of the reasons we love it so much. It is so versatile, you can always discover another amazing way to make it test even better than before. This easy and simple Sweet & Salty Tofu Bites recipe is very straightforward and extremely easy to prepare, and, some good news is you only need a few ingredients you probably already have in your cupboard.
This topic seems to be one up for debate. There are many different ways to cut your tofu and whichever shape you go for will have an impact on the end result. This Sweet & Salty Tofu Bites recipe calls for triangle shaped cut tofu and it is perfect for it. You could also cut it into strips if you prefer but the thinner triangle shapes will soak up the flavors even more.
Other tofu-based recipes will call for cubes or crumbles (like our ultimate favorite tofu scramble!). It all depends on the preparation and we encourage you to try them all because as long as you add amazing flavors, your tofu will be delicious no matter what shape or form.
This recipe goes perfectly with our rainbow veggie bowl!
Photos by Alfonso Revilla
Sweet & Salty Tofu Bites
- 3 Tablespoons of neutral vegetable oil
- 14 ounces of extra firm tofu, pressed and cut into triangles
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons of liquid maple syrup or agave
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Add the tofu triangles, then coat the top with a healthy covering of ground black pepper, a sprinkle of salt, and the sweetener.
- Allow the bottom to become golden before flipping, about 3 minutes. Flip and repeat until both sides are golden.
- Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.