As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These are so easy to make and I had my meat loving family tell me how much they loved them! The ingredients are cheap and easy to find and it’s a fast and filling dinner.
Sweet Potato Enchiladas
- 10 corn tortillas
- vegan enchilada sauce (Trader Joe's has a good vegan red sauce)
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 8 ounces of mushrooms
- 1 can of diced green chilies
- veggie broth (or water)
- garlic powder
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes. Cook in a saute pan and use veggie broth to cook instead of oil. Add about 1-2 t garlic powder while cooking. Add more broth as it evaporates.
- Cook until soft then whip with a hand blender or smash up with a fork
- Chop and heat mushrooms until the release their liquids and most of it has evaporated. Then add 2T chilies (or more depending on your taste)
- Heat tortillas on open flame if you have a gas stove or just heat them so they are flexible enough to roll
- Spread some sweet potatoes and mushrooms/chilies in each tortilla and roll.
- Pour sauce over the top of rolled enchiladas and bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Add a little more sauce and CHOW DOWN!
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.