As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This week’s meals were centered around cauliflower. Between the cauli rice and pizze crust I also made, this soup proved to be the easiest and just as tasty as the others. What’s awesome about this recipe is how adaptable it can be. A good base gives your the creative liberty to put your unique twist on it.
Hope you enjoy!
Hearty Pureed Veggie Soup
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 2 medium potatoes (sweet or russet or one of each!)
- 5 large carrots (or 2 cups baby carrots)
- 1/2-3/4 bag of frozen corn
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice potatoes, and boil them with cauliflower and carrots over medium heat for 15-20min. or until soft. With 10 minutes left, add in corn.
- Drain excess water into bowl to be used later. Use an immursion blender to blend vegetables into a puree, adding water as desired (I only added back about a cup of water as I like my soup thick). If you do not have an immersion blender, throw veggies in a food processor or blender and blend until pureed, once again adding water as needed.
- Stir in salt, pepper and garlic, remove from heat and serve warm. Top with sriracha, red pepper and/or nutritional yeast and enjoy! Side note: this soup can be stored in the fridge for 3-5 days afterwards and can be eaten cold.)
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.