As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This kale pineapple smoothie is made using only a handful of ingredients and tastes like the tropics! It’s easy to get in your servings of fruits & vegetables with this delicious vegan smoothie recipe! Not only is it delicious, but it’s super simple, fast to make, and is a great way to keep getting your greens in year around and being your day in the right way.
Pineapple is seriously delicious, but did you know that it is also full of amazing properties? This juicy tropical fruit is not only packed with nutrients and antioxidants but it is gifted with some incredible enzymes which help avoid and reduce inflammation. These enzymes, known as bromelain, are really great at helping your digestive system break down proteins.
Fun fact: this delicious fruit is originated from South America and received the name, pineapple because the first explorers thought they looked like pine cones. Interesting, right?
This Kale Pineapple Smoothie Is:
- Packed with nutrients
- Only uses 6 ingredients
- Perfect as a snack, breakfast, or lunch
- Plant-based and vegan
- A delicious and refreshing beverage year-round!
Pack on the Frozen Fruits
If having healthy food easily available in your home is one of your goals, then we couldn’t recommend buying lots of frozen fruits (and veggies!) enough. Having a variety of fruits always on hand is a great way to make smarter choices and to whip up a green smoothie like this Kale Pineapple Smoothie one in a matter of minutes. You can also try out this delicious Banana Kale Smoothie as well!
The Blending Secret Trick
We want to let you in a little secret. You don’t need a fancy high-speed blender to make nutritious and delicious smoothies! You can use a regular blender and the result will be just as good. The trick? Make sure you blend the greens with the liquid before adding the fruits, and once it’s fully blended, add the rest of the ingredients.
Let’s add more amazing green drinks into our lives!
The Ingredients and Substitutes
- Orange Juice: 1 cup, freshly squeezed (can substitute with apple juice)
- Plant-Based Milk: 1 ½ cups, (vanilla flavored)
- Kale: 1 head, destemmed (or about 5 cups spinach)
- Banana: 1 frozen (can buy bananas and freeze them or purchase frozen bananas). Check out this guide on How to Freeze Bananas to make making smoothies in the future a breeze!
- Pineapple Chunks: 1 (16-ounce) bag, frozen.
How to Make a Vegan Kale Pineapple Smoothie
Keep scrolling to the recipe card for the complete list of ingredients and recipe instructions!
- Pour the juice and plant-based milk into a blender.
- Add kale and blend on high until well-blended.
- Add frozen bananas and frozen pineapple.
- Blend on high for about 40 seconds or until smooth and creamy.
Tips for Making Your Smoothie
- You can use fresh or frozen kale for this smoothie recipe. Frozen is great if you are worried about the kale going bad before you use it all up.
- Frozen pineapple helps yield thicker smoothies, but you can also use fresh pineapple if that’s what you prefer.
- Make sure you destem the kale before you add it to your smoothie.
What are the benefits of drinking kale smoothies?
Including dark leafy green like kale in your smoothie provides fiber, calcium, and vitamins A, C, and K.
Can I make my smoothie ahead of time?
You can prep all of your ingredients ahead of time so that they are readily available when you go to make your smoothie.
More VEGAN Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love
- Will You Be(et) my Valentine Smoothie
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Citrus Mango Smoothie
- Cherry Banana Smoothie
Photos by Alfonso Revilla
Kale Pineapple Smoothie
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice (you can substitute with apple juice)
- 1 ½ cups of vanilla plant-based milk
- 1 head of kale, destemed (or about 5 cups spinach)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 bag of frozen pineapple chunks 16-ounce
- Pour the juice and milk into a blender first, add kale and blend on high until well-blended.
- Add frozen bananas and frozen pineapple and blend on high for about 40 seconds or until smooth and creamy.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.