As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Pumpkin Pie Smoothie is the absolute autumn treat loaded with frozen bananas, pumpkin puree, and spices that you can enjoy all year long. Now, you can take a break from the oven and have a little taste of pumpkin heaven without baking a pie. This rejuvenating pumpkin smoothie will only take 5 minutes — the perfect drink to jump-start your day, to bounce back after a workout, or when you need a healthy pick-me-up drink!
Enjoy it for breakfast, as an afternoon snack, or an evening dessert – take your pick! This smoothie is ideal for times when you want to revel and indulge in fantastic fall flavors. It is the perfect craving buster- earthy, sweet, warm, and oh-so-comforting! This autumn-inspired frozen goodie is abundant in antioxidants, minerals, protein, and fiber too! Each sip will put you in a cozy, feel-good mood reminiscent of all the warm memories linked with this wonderful season.
Things to know about this Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Texture: Imagine a silky soft serve that’s thin enough to consume through a straw. The inclusion of frozen bananas also adds a layer of creaminess to the drink, resulting in a beautiful consistency that I’m sure everyone will want a second glass.
Flavor: This smoothie is sweet enough without any added sugar because pumpkin and bananas are naturally sweet. A whiff of fragrant cinnamon and pumpkin spice smells and tastes like fall and Thanksgiving all rolled into one amazing drink.
Ease: Making this recipe is a breeze. All we have to do is blend all of the ingredients until they are smooth.
Health Benefits: First, pumpkin is high in fiber and low in calories. It simply means that you will feel fuller for longer periods of time and that eating high-fiber foods will keep your heart in good shape. Also, pumpkins are rich in vitamin A, beta-carotene, antioxidants and they contain a lot of tryptophan. This is responsible for the production of serotonin, which helps to boost your mood and sleep quality. Those are quite a lot of nutritional benefits for something so, so good!
Is pumpkin pie spice necessary?
Though the blend of banana and pumpkin puree is quite delicious, the pumpkin spice livens it up and gives the drink quite a punch flavor-wise. It is usually a blend of cinnamon, ginger, allspice and cloves, and nutmeg. If you do not have this ready-mix flavoring, you can always rummage through your spice rack and add any of the following fall spices mentioned.
What goes into it?
This recipe will give you a creamy and deliciously spiced smoothie making it taste exactly like pumpkin pie. Here are the ingredients:
- Frozen Bananas – Two frozen bananas are required in this recipe. This gives the pumpkin smoothie its creamy base. Freezing the fruits is always suggested to get that thick texture rather than using ice. Check out my fail-safe method in freezing bananas so you don’t run out of this yummy fruit.
- Pumpkin Puree – If ever you have some pumpkin cutouts left over after making your fave pumpkin treat, this is the best way to make good use of them! Store-bought puree works as well.
- Pumpkin Spice – Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves are usually among the ingredients of this mix. You can also pick and choose which ones you like to go into your drink.
- Plant-based milk – Use your fave non-dairy milk. Soy, coconut, and almond are good choices.
How to Make this Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
First, you have to prepare the following:
- Frozen Bananas – this will serve as the creamy base of our smoothie. Choose bananas that are bright yellow and have little to no green around the ends. Then, cut them into 1/2 inch squares and arrange them on a baking sheet with room between them. Place the bananas in an airtight freezer plastic bag and freeze for 3 hours. For the complete steps, check my post on How to Freeze Bananas.
- Pumpkin Puree – Fresh or Canned Pumpkin? The easiest method to make the smoothie is to use canned pumpkin. You may make your own puree, though, by roasting a half-pumpkin, scooping off the flesh, and blending it once it has cooled.
One of the greatest ways to get all those nutrients and fiber into you is with this Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. This kind of smoothie, in my opinion, is the ideal breakfast or snack regardless of the weather. It’s never too cold to indulge in a refreshing smoothie! To make this wonderful drink, simply toss everything – frozen bananas, pumpkin puree, plant-based milk, and pumpkin pie spice (optional) – in the blender and pulse until you create a smooth texture.
Adding more nutrition to this pumpkin smoothie:
- Flax Seeds – It has long been prized for its health benefits. All you need is a tablespoon to get the much-needed protein fiber and omega 3 fatty acids.
- Chia Seeds – This powerful add-on includes insoluble fiber, which helps with constipation and keeps you full. It contains beneficial lipids, proteins, and antioxidants.
- Hemp Seeds – Hemp seeds are a superb source of protein, with high-quality protein accounting for more than 25% of their total calories.
- The use of a frozen banana keeps the smoothie cold and thick. Because ice doesn’t always blend smoothly, it’s preferable to avoid it until absolutely required.
- To get the most natural sweetness, use a ripe, frozen banana. If you don’t have this, you can always add a spoon of agave syrup or maple syrup.
- You can add more plant-based milk if your smoothie is too thick or won’t fully blend. Using high-powered blenders makes making this easier.
- Use chilled pumpkin puree and vegan milk for best results
How to Store a Smoothie
It’s ideal to serve the smoothie right after it’s been made. If you’re in a rush the next day and need a quick breakfast, store it in an airtight jar or tumbler in the refrigerator. Before you devour it, give it a quick swirl to reblend the flavors up.
It may be beneficial to check store-bought foods for nutritional value. Make sure the pumpkin puree you buy is 100% pure and free of sugar or flavor enhancers for the most nutrient-dense items, if able.
How to serve?
Use a tall glass or mason jars for your smoothie treats. Children will love a dash of colorful sprinkles on top. If it’s a breakfast party with friends, add a cherry on top, a slice of fruit, or a vegan whipped cream to finish it off.
More Pumpkin Recipes to Enjoy!
- Pumpkin Risotto – Creamy risotto with a stunning flavor that no one will be able to resist!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Pie – Silken tofu and pumpkin for dessert? Why not! This chocolate pie is not only delicious but it looks outstanding and will impress all your guests!
- Soft Pumpkin Molasses Cookies – Warm spices, sticky deep molasses, and our favorite seasonal squash combined in this soft, sweet dish. Irresistibly delicious!
Photos by Alfonso Revilla
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 2 frozen bananas
- ¼ cup of pumpkin puree
- ½ cup of plant-based milk
- ¼ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- Place everything in a blender and process until completely smooth.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.