As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These home fries take ketchup and potatoes to the next level, by coating the taters in garlic, spices, and ketchup before you bake them, you end up with a crispy flavorful coating you won’t be able to forget. Potatoes are affordable, filling, full of potassium, and are a great staple to keep in the pantry. Experiment with different potato varieties; red skinned, blue potatoes, or the darling fingerlings. Add in any other root vegetables for flavor, variety and nutrition; sweet potatoes, beets, and carrots would all be great. Ten minutes to prep, and twenty in the oven, crispy hot oven-baked goodness will be on your plate in no time.
Ketchup Baked Home Fries
- 5-6 medium yukon gold potatoes, cubed (no need to peel)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-2 Tablespoons of neutral oil (avocado, grape seed, canola)
- 1/4 cup of potato starch (or corn starch)
- 1/8 cup of ketchup
- 1 teaspoon of paprika (smoked paprika is great here too)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1-2 Tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, lightly oil baking sheet with 1-2 Tbsp of oil and set aside.
- Cut potatoes into roughly 1 inch cubes and place on baking sheet. Add garlic, onions, and remaining ingredients and use your hands to toss to coat.
- Spread into an even layer on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, flip potatoes and bake for another 5-10 minutes until potatoes are soft and golden brown and crispy in spots.
- Serve tossed with fresh parsley and with ketchup drizzled on top. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.