As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you to Knorr® for sponsoring this recipe.
I celebrate noodles, always, but since today is actually National Noodle Day, it’s fitting that I introduce to you my favorite weeknight angel hair spaghetti dish. A super affordable recipe I created for my family for just under $2 per serving.
A secret ingredient I like to include in my spaghetti is Knorr® Selects Vegetable Granulated Bouillon! I especially love the freshness that comes with the tomatoes, garlic, and basil. The punch of flavor from the Knorr® bouillon is amazing, and my husband enjoys the protein that comes from the beans.
Best of all, this easy-to-use product can be prepared and ready to eat in 30 minutes or less!
This is a great recipe for back-to-school and busy work weeks when you are strapped for both time and cash. Knorr® turns simple, plant-based ingredients into a proper, flavorful meal that the whole family will love and feel good about!
Cost: $2.00 per serving
Tomato Basil Angel Hair Spaghetti
- 1 pound of angel hair spaghetti
- 1 cup of pasta water
- 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 10.5 ounces of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 15 ounces of great northern beans
- 1 teaspoon of Knorr® Selects Vegetable Granulated Bouillon
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook pasta according to package instructions. Before you strain the pasta, reserve one cup of the pasta water and set aside.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat the vegetable oil. Add the onion, garlic, cherry tomatoes, Knorr® Selects Vegetable Granulated Bouillon and basil leaves, and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until veggies are tender.
- Stir in the angel hair spaghetti, beans, and pasta water.
- Serve warm.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.