As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love ratatouille. No, I’m not talking about the Disney movie (although I did enjoy that film as well), I mean the delicious vegetable dish!
The recipe contains simple, tasty ingredients; many of which you may already have laying around the house. There are many slight variations to this recipe, but I’ve found this to be my favorite thus far. And the beautiful spiral shape of the veggies is sure to impress even the most fickle of foodies.
This dish works great as a main meal or a side and allows you to add any other of your favorite veggies. Depending on how well you slice your veggies, and how large your skillet is, you may not end up using all of the vegetables in this recipe. I sliced each veggie fully and picked the best-sized coins from each one.
Hope you enjoy!
- 2 zucchini
- 2 yellow squash
- 2 small small eggplants
- 5 roma tomatoes
- 26 ounces of tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh thyme
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh basil (about 7-9 leaves)
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Prepare your veggies. Slice your zucchini into thin coins and repeat for each vegetable. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare your sauce. Saute diced bell pepper in a bit of olive oil over medium-high heat. Once heated (about 3-4min), add your sauce and reduce heat to low. Once warmed, pour sauce into the base of your cast iron skillet (I used a 12')
- Next, layer vegetable coins in a spiral pattern around the skillet until the entire pan is covered.
- Prepare your herb drizzle. Combine the minced garlic, chopped thyme, basil and parsley with 4 T of olive oil and salt and pepper. Mix well and evenly pour over the top of the veggies.
- Cover finished dish with tinfoil and bake for 40-45 minutes covered, and remove the foil for the last 15-20 minutes until the veggies are soft.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.