As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Dishes like this, which look quite lovely but are actually so easy to make, are great for impressing guests but also impressing yourself. I’ve been rethinking what goes into making a “nice” meal lately, and have been working on meals that focus on one or two ingredients, and really let them shine.
Here I make a simple gluten-free rosemary crust, press it into a small baking sheet, and layer with rows of colorful zucchini and summer squash. Drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt, white pepper, and rosemary leaves, it really lets the fresh zucchini’s taste and texture come through. What an easy dinner with a salad, or beautiful summer appetizer for a picnic or BBQ. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar after baking and serve!
Rosemary Zucchini Tart
- 1 cup of Bob's Red Mill Gluten-free AP Flour (or wheat flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of crushed rosemary
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup + 1 teaspoon of water (add slowly, as needed)
- 2 medium zucchini/summer squash (I used one green and one yellow), sliced thinly
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of white or black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, lightly oil small baking sheet or pan (I used 9'x9') with a bit of oil.
- Combine all dry ingredients for crust in a mixing bowl and add coconut oil. Cut in using fingers or two forks until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add water in slowly, and mix until dough comes together in a ball.
- Gently press dough into pan, pushing from the center outwards until it's evenly pressed into all sides. Be patient, it takes a minute or so.
- Layer top of tart with alternating rows of zucchini and squash slices (see photos above). Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, and rosemary. Bake uncovered in the oven for 15-20 minutes until crust is firm and golden brown, and zucchini slices are lightly browning and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Cut into squares and drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar if desired. Serve immediately, or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.