Creamy Five Minute Garlic Sauce2015-07-22
- Yield : 1.5 cups
- Prep Time : 5m
- Ready In : 5m
This sauce is the perfect quick fix for so many meals. If you love garlic you’re going to use it all the time. Adjust the garlic to your taste preference and just blend it up! It’s raw, so can have a bite depending on how much garlic you put in, but will mellow after a few hours in the fridge. For an easy noodle bowl: cook favorite noodles, use steam from cooking noodles to power steamer basket filled with veggies of choice, while cooking blend all sauce ingredients. Pour over veggies and noodles generously and dig in. Easy! If you love garlic, or feel like you’re fighting a cold this is the perfect recipe to have on hand.
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (to your garlic threshold)
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 Medjool date, pitted (or 1 Tbsp sweetener of choice)
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup nuts or seeds of choice (sunflower, sesame, pumpkin, cashews, brazil nuts, etc)
- Just enough water to make creamy, add slowly as you blend!
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional, add other herbs like fresh parsley, cilantro, or basil for extra color, flavor and nutrition
Throw everything in a blender, garlic through nuts. Slowly add water as you blend until it's a pourable consistency, like a thick smoothie. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add fresh herbs if using and blend once more. Pour over steamed veggies, noodles, rice, salad, very versatile! Enjoy!
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe