- Cook Time : 1m
A harty dinner full of veggies, and great flavors. Lots of layers to get your mouth watering. It’s not a quick meal but it’s well worth the time spent on it.
- 1 box no-boil lasagna noodles (check ingredients for eggs)
- 43 oz of marinara sauce
- olive oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 pack of mushrooms sliced (8oz)
- 1 zucchini sliced into rounds
- 1 carrot sliced into rounds
- For The Tofu Ricotta:
- 15.5 oz extra firm tofu, pressed (I just squeezed it until all the water was out)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 Tablespoons water
- For Cashew Cream:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked at least 2 hours
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- 3/4 onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional Yeast
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 shallot
- 7 cloves garlic
- pepper to taste
- non dairy milk (about 4 Tablespoons)
Chop and cook veggies in a pot with a little oil and add a touch of water if needed.
While veggies cook make tofu ricotta. After pressing tofu, crumble with your hands into a medium sized bowl and mix in all ingredients. Set aside.
To make Cashew cheese, put all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. If needed add non dairy milk 1 Tablespoon at a time to thin if cheese is too think. Should be a creamy consistency but not runny.
Cover the bottom of a baking dish with just enough marinara sauce to coat the bottom. Then layers go as follows: Dry noodles, tofu ricotta, half the veggies, noodles, half cashew cheese, rest of veggies, noodles, sauce, rest of cheese.
Bake at 375° for 1 hour
Let cool then CHOW DOWN!
Average Member Rating
(4.4 / 5)
8 people rated this recipe