As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m currently visiting Animal Place Sanctuary and it’s been so nice to wake up in the morning and pick fresh produce to cook. Today I picked some Swiss Chard for breakfast and had absolutely no idea to cook it. Here’s the simplest, quickest thing I could come up with. How do you cook yours?
Sauteed Ruby Chard
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch swiss chard leaves
- 1/2 of a small yellow onion
- garlic salt, to taste
- In a large pan or wok, add olive oil, onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until onions become translucent.
- Remove the garlic and discard. Add the chopped Swiss chard leave and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Season with garlic salt, to taste. Cook until the leaves are wilted. Serve immediately.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.