As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Strawberry Oat Bars
- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 cup of Earth Balance Vegan Butter at room temp
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup of strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350°, and prepare a slightly greased square 8 x 8 cake pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients (first 7 ingredients) in a large bowl. Remove 1 cup, and place in a smaller bowl. Add the butter to this and with your fingers, thoroughly combine to form crumbs. This will be reserved for the topping.
- In the large bowl, add applesauce and stir to combine. Spread and press into the prepared square pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once ready, remove from oven (Leave the oven on!) and let the crust cool for 5-7 minutes. Then spread the jam over the crust and crumble the remaining 1 cup crust mixture over the top and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the filling starts to bubble around the edges.
- Press with parchment paper, putting slight pressure on the bars with the palm of your hand. (This helps form them so they don't crumble out of your hand!) Remove parchment paper after pressing. Cool completely, cut into squares, and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.