‘Cheesy’ Roasted Tahini Brussel Sprouts2016-11-02
- Servings : 1
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 40m
Man, if this recipe was around when mom wouldn’t let you leave the table until you finished your veggies I would have been the first one done.
These cheesy crusted sprouts were inspired by my love for the whole “buffalo cauliflower” movement I thought, ‘ I put tahini on nearly everything these days – and nutritional yeast for that matter – why not roll with it?’ (literally). And thus, these lovely flakey balls of veg were born.
Whether the addition to your dinner plate or as a snack to carry you through until dinner, these sprouts are sure to leave you cheesin’.
- 2 heaping cups of raw brussel sprouts
- 1 T tahini
- 1 T warm water
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T nutritional yeast (plus more for topping)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick spray.
2. In a small bowl, Combine tahini, water, salt, paprika, lemon juice, garlic powder, oil, and nutritional yeast until a smooth sauce is formed.
3. In a medium sized bowl, toss brussel sprouts with sauce until pieces are nearly completely covered.
4. Lay brussel sprouts out on baking sheet and top with more nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Next, place in the oven for 30-35 minutes, turning over halfway through to ensure even roast. Once slightly browned, remove
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
4 people rated this recipe