Lemon Garlic Quinoa with White Beans and Olives2012-12-20
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
This is a nice healthy and filling meal, and for something I hastily put together one night I thought this turned out really good! I used Kale because that’s what I had on hand but feel free to use any greens you like.
- 1 ½ cups uncooked Quinoa
- 6 cups Vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced Kale leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin Olive oil
- 3 large Garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 cups cooked Navy beans
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup Kalamata Olives, sliced
- 2-3 tbsp fresh Lemon juice
- Sea salt and Black pepper, to taste
In a small stockpot, bring the vegetable broth to a boil. Add quinoa and boil for 14 minutes, adding sliced kale during the last 5 minutes. Drain well in a fine mesh strainer and transfer to a large bowl.
In a small saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add garlic and cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute. Pour this over the warm quinoa and mix well.
Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Serve hot.
Average Member Rating
(4.5 / 5)
16 people rated this recipe