As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe is adapted from one I found on Food Network before my plant-based days. It was one of my favorites so I wanted to make it plant-based. The soup is just as great and is now more healthy. Enjoy!
Estimated Cost Per Serving: $1.40
African Peanut Soup | Hearty Soup Recipe
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon of Curry Powder
- 2 large Yams, peeled and diced
- 2 cups of Veggie Broth
- 28 ounces of Whole Tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 cup of Chunky Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Milk
- Add onion, garlic, and curry to a large non stick pot or pot coated with cooking spray. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add yams and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add tomatoes, veggie broth, and cayenne pepper. Cover, bring to a boil, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add peanut butter and coconut milk to pot. Cover and let simmer for 35 minutes.
- Serve over rice, with bread, or by itself.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.