As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Artichoke Hearts Quinoa Salad is the perfect side dish to elevate your Thanksgiving spread! It’s packed with plant-based protein, fiber, and tons of nutrition from lots of delicious veggies including mushrooms, onions, garlic, and Reese Specialty Foods certified Fair Trade artichokes!
Fresh and Fancy Artichokes
Nothing says fancy quite like artichokes! These artichokes in particular are from our friends at Reese Specialty Foods and they are quite the addition to this antioxidant-rich side dish. They make it really easy to enjoy these little tender and ‘meaty’ veggie as they come ready-to-eat right from the jar! Not only do they make this quinoa salad that much better, but they’re perfect for adding to pizzas, pasta dishes, salads, and more! You can even turn this superfood veggie into a plant-powered dip that will without a doubt, be a hit at any gathering or potluck!
Ingredients to make Artichoke Hearts Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa – This naturally gluten-free, whole grain, protein-packed carbohydrate brings tons of nutrition to the dish! If you’re not familiar with cooking it, we have a Complete Guide to Quinoa that will show just how easy it is to whip up this delicious grain!
- Vegetable Broth – The quinoa cooked in the vegetable broth brings even more flavor to the dish.
- Lemon Juice – Lemon juice perfectly complements the ingredients well and brings out an extra bit of freshness and zest.
- Olive Oil – Feel free to choose any neutral oil of your liking.
- Vegetables – This recipe features red onions, button mushrooms, and garlic cloves, but feel free to add additional veggies if you like!
- Artichoke Hearts – The star of the show! I love using Reese Specialty Foods Artichoke Hearts. They add an exceptionally tender, ‘meaty’, and exceptionally divine taste to this dish!
- Garbanzo Beans – You’ll need 1 (15-ounce) can for this recipe. Garbanzo beans are incredibly budget-friendly and bring plant-based protein, fiber, and several vitamins and minerals to this quinoa salad!
Mix It Up!
The beauty of this dish is that it is completely versatile! The combination of ingredients blends exceptionally well together, however it can very easily be modified to your liking!
- Rice – Sub in brown or white rice if you want to switch it up or have leftover rice that you want to use up.
- Beans – We used garbanzo beans in this dish, but you can include your favorite bean of choice! If you’re looking for more bean recipes, we have an article on 59 Ways To Use A Can Of Beans that you might like!
How to Serve Artichoke Hearts Quinoa Salad
This side dish pairs so well with a variety of main dishes! Enjoy it alongside your favorite burger, soup, or tofu dish! It can also even be enjoyed as a main dish as well as it is well balanced with an ideal amount of each macronutrient.
More Delicious Artichoke Recipes:
Without further ado, here is the recipe!
Artichoke Hearts Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups rich vegetable broth
- juice of ½ a lemon
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ red onion diced
- 5 button mushrooms chopped
- 4 garlic cloves large, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can of Reese Hearty Large Artichoke Hearts drained and quartered lengthwise
- 1 (15-ounce) can of garbanzo beans drained
- Add the quinoa, broth, and lemon juice to a medium pot with a lid. Over high heat, bring to a boil. Cover with the lid and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes.
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onions, mushrooms, and saute for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in the garlic Reese Hearty Large Artichoke Hearts, and garbanzo beans, and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Stir in the quinoa and enjoy!
- Sub in brown or white rice if you want to switch it up or have leftover rice that you want to use up.
- We used garbanzo beans in this dish, but you can include your favorite bean of choice!
- Eat as a main dish or serve alongside burgers.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.