As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We are always looking for delicious and nutritious homemade snack options, something we can prepare in advance to keep us full and energized throughout the day. These amazing Chocolate Covered Trail Mix Peanut Butter Balls are pretty high at the top of our list, we think you’ll be looking forward to snack time every day.
Snack + Treat
This amazing trail mix balls recipe is the double whammy of plant-based snacks. They not only serve as the perfect snack when energy is running low but also as a fantastic treat whenever those 4 pm sweet cravings hit. The good news is, the ingredients are mostly healthy and nutritious and (extremely) kid-friendly! We are sure the little ones would be thrilled to help out preparing these delicious treats/snacks. And if you don’t love the part of the recipe that’s dipping in chocolate, then you can also keep it simple using this recipe.
If you’re a “hummus and veggies” snack regular but are looking for a change, these Chocolate Covered Trail Mix Peanut Butter Balls have arrived in your life at the right time. Give them a try and let us know if they have become a game-changer.
One of the many reasons we adore these trail mix bites is how versatile they are and since we probably all enjoy trail mixes with very different components, we can feel free to switch things up. The mix of oats, nuts, and dried fruit is what we need to focus on and that can vary greatly depending on your taste.
For example, instead of walnuts you can add chopped almonds, or swap the raisins for dried cranberries and the peanut butter for almond butter. You get the drill, feel free to swap away and experiment with this Chocolate Covered Trail Mix Recipe.
Make sure to share your trail mix ball creations with us! We’d love to see!
Other easy dessert recipes:
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- My favorite knives
- Large bowl
- Silicone Mats
- Double Boiler
- Medium Saucepan
- Medium Bowl
Photos by Alfonso Revilla
Chocolate Covered Trail Mix Peanut Butter Balls
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons of favorite chopped nuts or seeds
- 2 tablespoons of coconut shreds optional
- 1 package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkles or finely chopped nuts optional
- Add all the old-fashioned rolled oats, creamy peanut butter, ¼ cup raisins, chopped nuts or seeds, and coconut shreds (if using) to a large bowl. Using your hands, mix together thoroughly.
- Roll the mixture into small balls with your hands, making each about the size of a tablespoon. Place the balls on a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Put the baking sheet into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- After the trail mix balls are removed from the freezer, melt the chocolate in the microwave or double boiler and stir until smooth. Dip each ball into the melted chocolate until completely covered, and place them back on the baking sheet. If using, add sprinkles or finely chopped nuts on top of the melted chocolate.
- Eat immediately, and store any remaining Trail Mix Peanut Butter Balls in an airtight storage container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.