Our Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide
Looking for the ultimate holiday gift? I totally understand! The holidays are fast approaching and we are sooooo ready! I’ve got my Chrismukkah playlist on repeat. Our tree is up, our menorah is out, and I’ve been pouring soy nog in my tea on a daily basis!
You know what I’ve also done? I have finished our holiday shopping AND sent out our holiday cards! Since I’m done, I thought I’d help you out a bit. 🙂
First, I’ll start off by saying that I want to normalize purchasing used gifts. And, actually, you can buy sooo many items that are new with tags. People (myself included) sometimes buy things they don’t end up using, and that’s where you swoop in and give it a new loving home—all while saving $$! This year, I used eBay and Poshmark mostly.
If you’re still brainstorming for some hard-to-shop folks, here are some of my recommendations. Also, pro tip for holiday shopping, make sure to download the Rakutan app to save extra money. I’ve saved hundreds of dollars this year!
On to gifts …
Is it okay that I start with my own books? I reeeeally believe that Plant-Based on a Budget and The Friendly Vegan Cookbook are excellent resources for anyone who is considering eating more plant-based meals. They have photos with nearly all recipes, were written with a welcoming and friendly tone, and are both really well-reviewed. 🙂
Other books I recommend:
- The Joy of Vegan Baking by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
- How Not to Die by Michael Greger MD
- Fuss Free Vegan by Sam Turnbull
- Chloe’s Kitchen by Chloe Coscarelli
My pressure cooker is by far the most used kitchen appliance. In fact, I have several of them! I can whip up wholesome meals quickly, cook dried beans and brown rice in less than half the time, and it’s so perfect for soups, chilis, and curries! If you want to give a gift that will improve someone’s life, this is it!
Last year for Hanukkah, my husband got an air fryer, and now we use it ALL the time. We use it for tofu, vegetables, fries, and vegan meats. It’s really helped us lessen our oil consumption without sacrificing taste.
Other kitchen appliances I love:
In my quest to become more eco-friendly, I started using these reusable produce bags. They’re washable, see through, and a great gift or stocking stuffer for anyone trying to live greener.
Other eco-friendly Ultimate Holiday Gift favorites:
- Reusable Stasher silicone ziplock bags
- Hydro Flask insulated water bottles and coffee mugs
- Reusable to-go utensils
- Glass straws set
Another fun gift is a start for an Imperfect Produce subscription box! This allows people to have a box of “imperfect produce” —not pretty enough to sell at the grocery store — delivered to their home. It prevents food waste, saves people from making an unneeded trip to the grocery store, and best of all, it’s cheaper produce which saves money! Plus, you can save $10 using this link.
Other great Ultimate Holiday Gift subscriptions:
- Danielle Monet & Evanna Lynch’s Kinder Beauty box use the promo code KINDER10 to save $10 on your first order
- Thrive Market is also a great option for vegan specialty ingredients at low prices. Plus, if you sign up with this referral code, you’ll get 25% off your first order!
- And save $5 off of a VeganCuts snack box using the code PlantonBudget
I’ve recently been verrrry into gardening. These are some things that I love:
I got this Lettuce Grow vertical farmstand a few weeks ago and it’s been making me so happy! You can store it indoors or outdoors, it’s self-watering, self-fertilizing, and generally awesome. I don’t have a lot of space in my backyard, so I love that I can grow upward! Save $50 using this link.
Some other Ultimate Holiday Gifts for my garden that I recommend:
- Indoor grow lights to start seedlings
- Wall hanging planters for the aspiring gardener who doesn’t have a lot of space. Can be hung on balconies and fences.
- Down to Earth vegan fertilizer
- Basic gardening tool set
- Mushroom Grow Kits
Don’t forget some Ultimate Holiday Gift stocking stuffers:
- This cute cruelty-free stick on nail polish that my mom sells
- Sjaak’s Melk Chocolate Truffles assortment
- Rescue Chocolate bars (they donate profits to shelters)
- Herbivore “Be Kind” sticker
- Adorable “powered by plants” mug