As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These rice noodles are a bowl of satisfying peanut heaven. They are so easy to make, use only simple ingredients, and manage to be light yet filling at the same time. You can even make a large batch of rice noodles in advance, then just throw it all together in the pan when you’re ready to eat. Add freshly chopped cilantro, mint, parsley, or basil and make it shine even brighter. Feel free to experiment with the types of noodles and veggies used, but julienning the veggies really brings out their flavor and works perfectly with the taste and texture of the noodles.
Peanut Bliss Noodle Bowl
- 1 package of rice noodles
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 of an red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of asparagus, thinly sliced
- 2-3 carrots, sliced into strips
- 1 ripe tomato, quartered (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons of soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 cup of roasted unsalted peanuts, crushed
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons of toasted sesame oil
- Cook rice noodles as directed, drain and rinse with cool water. Set aside in large bowl.
- Add 1 Tbsp of sesame oil to skillet on medium high heat, add sliced onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent and just starting to brown-2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots, asparagus, 1 Tbsp of soy sauce, sugar, sea salt, and black pepper to pan and cook 2-3 minutes more until asparagus is bright green and carrots are tender. Add rice noodles back into pan and toss to re-warm.
- Add remaining sesame oil and soy sauce, crushed peanuts, and black pepper as desired. Toss well to coat, and serve immediately topped with extra peanuts, and a side of lightly salted tomato, if desired.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.