Everyone’s Favorite Bean Salad2020-08-17
- Yield : 4-6
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Ready In : 10m
If we could choose a signature Plant-Based on a Budget salad, this super-easy bean salad would be at the very top! By using simple and extremely budget-friendly ingredients we can create a fantastic meal. It’s one of our audience’s favorite recipes and this is all for a few good reasons.
Colorful Three Bean Salad
If you are trying to live by the motto, eat the rainbow, then this Bean Salad is definitely for you! The red or yellow cherry tomatoes, the black beans, the green cilantro and parsley, and bright yellow corn make this salad an explosion of color. If you would like to add even more bright and nutritious ingredients, you could add some shredded purple cabbage or some grated carrots for an orange touch.
Now, if you’re looking to add a fresher touch, consider adding diced cucumbers or diced celery. It will not only make this bean salad fresher but it will also add an awesome crunch.
What to Serve it With
This Bean Salad is pretty amazing on its own but if you’d like to make it more substantial, then you have some great options:
- Serve it over quinoa. This will make a more complete meal and add (even more) protein to its already very high protein content.
- Make it a light meal by serving it over romaine lettuce or shredded spinach
- Eat it with a side of warm brown rice if you’re looking for a more comforting dinner or lunch.
- Make it a part of your veggie-filled buddha bowl.
Pack on The Plant Protein
If you’re looking to increase your protein intake, this recipe is a fantastic way to do it! Beans have a large amount of protein and fiber which makes them a really good option to add to any meal. If you decide to serve this over cooked quinoa then get ready for some serious protein-boosting meal.
Photos by Alfonso Revilla
- 1 (15-ounce) can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can of unsalted corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 large avocado, diced
- ½ cup of diced red onion
- 1/2 cup of diced tomato
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice (about 1 small lemon or lime)
- Salt, to taste
In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients. The salad can be served chilled or at room temperature.