This classic vegan Depression Era Vanilla Cupcakes recipe will be super handy whenever you are looking to whip up a quick dessert! You can decorate with this vanilla frosting and sprinkles if you’re feeling festive
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups of granulated sugar (depending on your sweet tooth)
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of white or apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons of canola or vegetable oil
- 2 cups of water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C). Line two cupcake tins with silicone or paper baking cups.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (or in a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer), mix together all the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the batter into each baking cup until it’s three-quarters full.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Test a cupcake by sticking a toothpick in the middle. If the toothpick comes out dry, the cupcakes are done.
Keywords: vegan frosting, vanilla frosting, vegan cupcakes, vegan cake, easy frosting, buttercream