Garlic Baby Potato Bowl2014-10-01
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
Here is one of the simplest and tastiest dishes ever. Full of fresh vegetables, garlic, and a simple savory (optional) mushroom gravy. Very filling, nourishing and perfect for fall.
- 1 lb baby potatoes (the smaller the better)
- 3-cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 zucchini or summer squash, sliced
- 3 shallots or 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 small sweet peppers, or 1 bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 3/4 cup peas, frozen are fine (optional plant protein!)
- salt and pepper to taste for veggies
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Optional Simple Mushroom Gravy
- 2 Tbsp medium-high heat oil (avocado, canola, grape seed, refined coconut)
- 4 crimini or white button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour of choice (I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free blend)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup water, or as needed to achive nice smooth gravy consistency
Wash baby potatoes and place in a medium pot and just cover with water. Bring to a boil, and let them cook until tender and easily pierced with a knife (10-20 minutes depending on size). When done, drain water, return to pot and toss with olive oil, fresh garlic, salt and pepper. Keep warm.
While potatoes are cooking, saute sliced veggies in a skillet over medium high heat. You can cook them in a bit of oil, or dry cook them, as you prefer. Start with the shallots (or onion), let them cook for 3-4 minutes until they begin to brown slightly. Add the peppers and the zucchini, cook for another 5 minutes or so until they begin to lose their water. Add the peas, if using and season with salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar.
For the mushroom gravy: heat the 2 Tbsp of oil over medium-low heat in a sauce pan or skillet. Add mushrooms and let cook until drying out a bit and beginning to brown, usually 3-4 minutes. Add the flour and stir to combine, cooking another minute or so in the flour, stirring to prevent burning. Add the remaining ingredients, salt (to taste) through water. Stir well and let cook until thick and bubbly. It comes together quickly and has a great savory mushroom flavor. Adjust flavorings and consistency as you see fit.
Top baby potatoes with sauteed veggies and a generous helping of mushroom gravy. Enjoy!
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe