As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Total Cost (minus sundries): $3
I love to carve pumpkins, particularly because I really love pumpkin seeds. A lot of times these head straight into the compost bin, but here is a quick and easy way to turn them into a healthy, fast snack or a great salad topping.
Plus, you can use the pumpkins as jack-o-lanterns, disco balls or serving dishes! While the seeds are baking, hollow out the pumpkins completely. You can cut off the top and use them as serving bowls. Or cut off the bottom, use a Phillip’s head screwdriver to poke holes into the sides, and have a cool jack-o-lantern!
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 mini gourd pumpkins
- 2 Tablespoons of margarine melted
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- Garlic Powder and Salt to taste
- Hollow out the three pumpkins and put the seeds and innards in a bowl.
- Separate the innards from the seeds and boil in a pot of water for 10 minutes.
- Strain and pat dry the seeds. Place them in a bowl with the melted margarine, soy sauce and cayenne pepper and mix.
- Spread onto a cooking sheet, season with salt and garlic powder to taste, and bake for 30-35 minutes at 350. Halfway through, give them a shake and a turn.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.