As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How can we make simple cherry tomatoes become an amazing mouth-watering dish? Cooking them as this recipe indicates is our favorite way! These simple roasted tomatoes have so much taste that you’ll have a hard time believing how few ingredients you’ll need to prepare them, and you will probably want to eat them every day.
Use that Tomato Bounty
If you’re like me, you have been enjoying planting your own veggies and herbs at home. It’s been so exciting to see everything come to life and to be able to care for it on a daily basis. I have mint, peppers, zucchinis and, of course, cherry tomatoes. That’s just to name a few. This is one of the reasons I’ve been trying to come up with delicious ways to prepare them and use them up. If you have a surplus, you can always give some to your neighbors or donate to your local food bank.
Growing your own food is not only rewarding for you, it can also be an amazing way to give back to your community. If you organize yourself with people living around you, you can plant veggies and fruit trees in a way you can swap those surpluses when the crops are booming. Do you grow your own veggies and herbs? Let us know in the comments!
Make it a Complete Meal
These sweet roasted tomatoes are incredibly good on their own, but if you want to make this dish a complete meal you should try to add a cooked grain and some plant-based protein. They would go great with cooked brown rice and some baked tofu, or quinoa and some braised lentils, or even some simple pasta. The sweetness of the tomatoes and reduced balsamic vinegar plus the flavor of the herbs complement any simple dish.
Photos by Alfonso Revilla
- 3 1/2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of minced Italian parsley
- 1 Tablespoon of minced basil
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of salt (depends on your saltiness preference)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of red chili flakes (optional for spice)
- Fresh minced basil and minced Italian parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients and thoroughly mix together
- Place the tomato mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until all the tomatoes look roasted.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.