Bean and Rice Burrito2012-09-10
- Yield : 4 Burritos
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Burritos are one of my favorite things to eat. But before I switched to a plant based diet, burritos were usually one of the most unhealthy things I ate. Normally they were filled with cholesterol, and saturated fat. Now they are packed with fiber, protein, and healthy fats. Give this burrito a try!
Estimated Cost Per Serving: $1.15
- 1 Can of Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Can of Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 Cup of Diced Onion
- 1 Can of Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 4 Teaspoons of Chili Powder
- 3 Teaspoons of Minced Dried Onion
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon on Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Smoked Paprika
- 2 Cups of Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 Avocado, diced
- Romaine Lettuce, shredded
- 1 Tomato, diced
Mix chili powder, dried onion, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne, and paprika in a bowl and set aside.
Place onions in a non stick pan and cook until fragrant.
Add fire roasted tomatoes, continue to cook for 5 minutes.
Add beans and seasoning mixture.
Cook until beans are heated.
Place bean mixture and rice in a tortilla. Top with romaine, tomato, avocado, and taco sauce.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe