Black Bean Chili2013-04-28
- Yield : 6 cups
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
One of our family favorites! Pretty quick, tasty, and simple to make. Oil free! It’s mostly made up of staples you can stock up on in your pantry. We’ve served this to a couple of people who are not vegan, and they thought it was delicious! Enjoy!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- ¾ of a (15-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (15-ounces each) can black beans (don't drain)
- 4-ounce can diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- About 2 Tbsp water, for sautéing
Heat the water in a large pot. Add chopped onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Sauté over high heat, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add water as needed.
Add crushed tomatoes, beans and their liquid, chilies, and spices, and stir to combine. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, or until flavors are blended.
Average Member Rating
(4.8 / 5)
9 people rated this recipe