As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe makes a lot so I suggest cutting it in half or making the whole thing if you’re having a party. The consistency is that of nacho cheese so you’re not limited to using it in pasta, go a little cheese wild and get creative.
- 4 Tablespoons of chopped shallots
- 2 cups of chopped potatoes (you can leave peels on)
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1/2 cup of chopped carrots
- 2/3 cup of chopped onion
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of raw cashews (soaked for 1-5 hours and drained)
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- In a medium saucepan, add the shallots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, onion, and water and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook, covered, for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are very soft.
- Place the cashews, salt, garlic, oil, mustard, lemon juice, black pepper, paprika, and cayenne in a blender or food processor. Add the softened vegetables and cooking water to the blender or food processor and process until perfectly smooth.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the cooked pasta or whatever.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.