As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Roasted Vegetable Couscous Bowl
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 1 onion
- 3 bell peppers
- 1/4 cup of roasted/salted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup of chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil plus more for dizzling the roasted vegetables
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 can of chickpeas- drained and rinced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the onion, squash and bell peppers into large but still bite sized pieces. Put on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, 1/2 tsp of garam masala seasoning, salt and pepper to your taste. Massage veggies with your hands to make sure they are coated with the oil. Pop into the oven for 25-30 min until the peppers are slightly charred, the skin of the squash is soft and onions are translucent.
- As the veggies are cooking, boil 1 cup of water. Add the smoked paprika, granulated garlic, 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tbl of olive oil to the water. Once water is boiling, remove from the heat and stir in 1 1/4 cups of couscous. Return the lid and let sit for 2 min. Fluff with a fork and add 1 tbl of olive oil, chopped basil and pumpkin seeds.
- Last but not least, toast the chickpeas on high heat in a santé pan with 1/2 tsp of turmeric and 1 tbl of olive oil for 5 min while frequently stirring.
- Now time to build the bowl! Place couscous on the bottom, add the veggies, chickpeas, garnish with more basil and salt and pepper.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.