As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Perfect for a weeknight dinner, party, or potluck, this easy dip takes simple beans to the next level. It’s creamy, perfectly spiced and out of this world tasty. Naturally vegan and gluten-free, it also packs a punch of much needed fiber and healthy plant based protein. Serve it with warmed tortillas or tortilla chips and enjoy how easy it is to throw together.
Perfectly Spiced Bean Dip
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of pepper of choice (anaheim, pasilla, jalapeno, etc), chopped
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon of nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- In a skillet saute chopped onion, garlic, and peppers in the tablespoon of oil, 4-5 minutes until softened and fragrant.
- When veggies are beginning to brown, transfer them to bowl of food processor, add beans and all remaining ingredients. Puree for 2 minutes until rich and creamy.
- Transfer dip to a small pot and keep warm on stove until ready to serve.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.