As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
An amazing, easy, and fun new recipe that I tried from a friend who adapted it from another recipe. Love these and can’t wait to make them again! Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Canapés with Barbecue Mung Bean Sprouts
- 1/4 cup of vegan BBQ sauce (or more to taste)
- 2-3 large yams or sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced (to make about 30 slices)
- 2 cups of Mung bean sprouts, rinsed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of crushed peanuts
- Preheat oven to 400° F and line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper. Mix sprouts with BBQ sauce and set aside.
- Slice sweet potatoes about 1/4 inch thick, lay out on baking sheet, and roast in oven for 20-25 minutes. (If you cut them thicker, you may need to cook them a bit longer.)
- Remove the baking tray and top the sweet potato slices with saucy sprouts. Bake for another 2-3 minutes. This will set the sauce and the topping will not slide around.When ready, top with chopped red onion, cilantro, and peanuts. Serve.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.