As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you remember the last time you had Cambodian food? I didn’t either, so I’m excited to bring you this delicious recipe with the fresh flavors of authentic Cambodian turmeric paste. Angkor Food’s fresh turmeric is packed with vibrant, juicy, earthy-sweet flavors and has a consistency like grated ginger that’s convenient for marinades and curry pastes. You can use it instead of ground turmeric to add complexity to any recipe. I especially love that their fresh ingredients including curry leaves, lime fruit, and chili, come directly from refugee farmers which also provides the farmers with increased consistency of demand. I hope your taste buds enjoy the fresh flavors of Angkor’s turmeric paste in these savory Veggie Turmeric Yellow Split Peas!
Veggie Turmeric Yellow Split Peas
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Angkor Foods turmeric paste
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped broccoli
- 1 cup of diced zucchini
- 1 cup of yellow split peas
- 3 1/2 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons of nutritional yeast (optional)
- Brown rice or quinoa (optional)
- In a large pan with a lid, heat the oil and turmeric paste over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes or until onions become tender and translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and jalapeno, and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, zucchini, split peas, vegetable broth, and nutritional yeast. Bring the vegetable broth to a boil, cover with a lid, and then lower to a simmer for 30 minutes. If there’s still broth in the pan when you remove the lid, turn up the heat and stir continuously until the broth evaporates and it becomes a thicker consistency
- Serve over brown rice or quinoa. (optional)
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.