Millet Greek Salad2013-07-17
- Servings : 6
Greek salad is one of my favorite salads so I decided to turn it into a meal with the addition of filling and healthy millet! It makes the absolute perfect lunch on a scorching summers day!
- 1 ½ cups uncooked Millet
- 6 cups Water
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp Fresh Lemon juice (or Red wine vinegar)
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1-2 Garlic cloves, pressed
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/3 cup diced Cucumber
- 1 ½ cups Grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup diced Red onion
- 3 cups Chopped Romaine lettuce
Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add millet and boil for 20 minutes. Drain well in a fine mesh strainer and transfer to a large bowl.
While the millet is cooking, make the dressing: Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper and pour over millet while it is still warm. Mix well and set aside to cool.
Once the millet has cooled, add remaining ingredients and toss well to mix. Taste for seasoning and place in the fridge at least 30 minutes before serving.