As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The cauliflower rice is awesome on its own but an edible bowl gives it a nice boost. This avocado bowl provides a hearty serving of healthy fat…and means fewer dishes when you’re done.
Hope you enjoy!
Cauliflower Rice Bowl
- 1 1/2 cups of cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 3/4 cup of chickpeas
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salsa/hot sauce/nutritional yeast (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 400. Then, blend cauliflower in a food processor until it forms a rice.
- Over medium heat, cook cauliflower with olive oil until warm (3-4min). Add in spices (I used salt and pepper, garlic powder and cayenne but you can mix it up)
- Add chickpeas to rice and cook for an additional 5+ minutes. While this is cooking, take your avocado, cut it in half lengthwise, remove the pit and scoop out a thin layer of the meat. This can be saved to be used as a topping for your cauli-rice mix or omitted completely. Lightly salt and pepper the avocado remains.
- Once the rice is done, remove from heat, scoop rice into each half of the avocado, and place both filled halves in the oven on a baking sheet for 7-9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let slightly cool, and proceed to top with hot sauce, salsa, and/or nutritional yeast.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.