As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a smoothie you’ll definitely want to make before fall is officially over! It comes out a beautiful orange color and is ultra creamy and flavorful, while still being a healthy option. This is a very budget-friendly recipe because it features some of that pumpkin you have leftover from other recipes, along with nuts bought in bulk and fruit from the freezer. Make it for breakfast, lunch, or dessert if you like!
Persimmon Pumpkin Chai Smoothie
- 1 cup of cold, filtered water
- 1/4 cup of raw pecans
- 1 cup of cooked/canned pumpkin
- 1 frozen persimmon, sliced (could sub for a banana)
- pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cardamom and cloves (or your choice of spices)
- 1-2 teaspoons of maple syrup, to taste
- Soak the raw pecans before using, then drain before using them in the smoothie.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached. Then pour it into a glass or two and enjoy.
- For an option garnish, pecans and molasses make it just a little fancier!
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.