Black Bean and Orange Breakfast Tacos2014-06-18
- Yield : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
These tasty black bean and orange breakfast tacos are protein packed, filled with veggies, and super fresh tasting from a hint of freshly squeezed orange juice. If you make the bean filling ahead of time and pre-dice your tomatoes, you will cut preparation time down to under five minutes! The filling is a combination of onions, mushrooms, sweet corn, black beans, and fresh orange juice. Set in a toasty corn tortilla and topped with fresh arugula and chopped tomatoes these are heavenly. Play with the filling and topping ingredients once you have the structure down. Avocado would be great, as would chopped red pepper. These would make for a lovely brunch as well!
- 3/4 cup black beans, cooked (about 1/2 can)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels (or frozen)
- 2 Tbsp orange juice (if you have a fresh orange, just squeeze by hand!)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp chili pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 package corn tortillas or taco shells
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh baby arugula (or lettuce)
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced (optional)
Heat 1 tsp of oil in a skillet (or use water), and saute onions, mushrooms, fresh corn, and black beans for 4-5 minutes until onion is soft. Add nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, chili pepper, paprika, and orange juice and mash with a potato masher. Set filling aside in a small bowl.
If using soft tortillas, wipe out skillet and heat corn tortillas on each side.
Fill each tortilla with a bit of greens and bean filling. Top with tomatoes and avocado if using. Top with your favorite salsa or hot sauce and enjoy!
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe