Persimmon Pumpkin Chai Smoothie2014-12-14
- Yield : 24 oz
- Servings : 1-2
- Ready In : 5m
This a smoothie you’ll definitely want to make before fall is officially over! It comes out a beautiful orange color and is ultra creamy and flavorful, while still being a healthy option. This is a very budget-friendly recipe because it features some of that pumpkin you have leftover from other recipes, along with nuts bought in bulk and fruit from the freezer. Make it for breakfast, lunch, or dessert if you like!
- 1 cup cold, filtered water
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup cooked/canned pumpkin
- 1 frozen persimmon, sliced (could sub for a banana)
- pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cardamom and cloves (or your choice of spices)
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup, to taste
Soak the raw pecans before using, then drain before using them in the smoothie.
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached. Then pour it into a glass or two and enjoy.
For an option garnish, pecans and molasses make it just a little fancier!