Grilled Veggie Fajitas2013-06-30
- Yield : 8-12 fajitas
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 8m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
One of our family favorites! The marinade is so tasty! You can even add black or pinto beans to the inside: drain and cook them with all the other veggies. Mmm! Enjoy!
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2-4 Tbsp oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8-12 flour tortillas, fajita style
- 1 large-size onion, cut in wedges
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips (I use one red and one green)
- 1-2 zucchini squash, halved and cut into strips like peppers
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 jalapeño, cut into thin strips
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
For marinade, combine and stir: juice of lime, oil, spices, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste in a measuring cup.
Combine all veggies and garlic (except the tomato) in a bowl, add marinade, and mix well. You can use your hands for this. You don't need to let the marinade sit with the veggies, but you can if you want.
Grill veggies in large skillet on medium-high heat and cook until desired tenderness. Add tomatoes at the last minute so that they are lightly cooked.
Grill tortillas and place grilled vegetables in them. Serve with a side of beans topped with fresh diced jalapeño if not using on the inside.
Average Member Rating
(3.9 / 5)
7 people rated this recipe