As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This particular pizza recipe requires no making of crusts and is only baked briefly in an oven or toaster oven. If you roll it up to take it on the go, you will have yourself a breakfast pizza-burrito.
This pizza comes together in two easy steps (and can be reduced to 1, if you make the pesto ahead of time or buy pre-made). Get yourself a tortilla, brown rice, whole wheat, corn, teff, whatever you like. I used a 9″ Food for Life brown rice tortilla. Make pesto in a blender or food processor. Spread pesto on top of tortilla and top with thinly sliced veggies of choice. I used 1 small purple potato, a tiny bit of fresh onion, a crimini mushroom, and some fresh corn off the cob. I popped it in the oven and baked it for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. When the tortilla was crispy I added some thinly sliced avocado and spinach leaves, sprinkled it with salt and pepper, and devoured it. Enjoy!
Breakfast Tortilla Pizzas
- 1 tortilla of choice
- 1/4 cup of nuts or seeds of choice (I used pumpkin, but sunflower, walnuts, pine nuts, pecans, almonds would also all work well)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of spinach (or kale, swiss chard, arugula, any greens will work)
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil (or parsley, mint or cilantro if you're feeling adventurous!)
- 1/3 cup of water
- thinly sliced potato, mushroom, onion, corn, chives, spinach, greens, peppers, avocado, broccoli, etc
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees. Make your pesto by combining all ingredients in a blender or food processor and processing for 30 seconds (scraping down sides a few times), until creamy.
- Pour onto tortilla and spread out evenly with a spoon, it should be a nice thick layer of pesto.
- Top with your thinly sliced veggies, though leave avocado off until it comes out of oven. Place on baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until tortilla starts to brown and get crispy and toppings are soft and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and top with avocado if using, salt, pepper and any other favorite flavors. Cut into slices or roll up like a burrito. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.