As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Here is a really simple coffee rubbed sandwich recipe. This does take a little time, but is worth the wait. To save on time, you can microwave the sweet potatoes.
Coffee Spice Rubbed Portobello Mushroom Sandwiches
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of avocado pesto
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 of an onion (sliced thinly for a sandwich)
- 4 Sandwich Rolls (or your favorite bread)
- 1/4 teaspoon of Fennel Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of ground coffee
- 1 Tablespoon of sugar in the raw
- Preheat oven to 375.
- With a fork or knife, poke a few holes on the sweet potato. Cover with foil and bake for about 40 minutes. (or microwave for 7-10 minutes with no foil)
- In a spice or coffee grinder, add the coffee and spices. Grind until a fine powder. Using a wet cloth, wipe down the mushrooms to clean and get a little moist. Liberally rub the spice mixture on both sides of the mushroom. Add the spice run to the onions. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Slice the tomato and avocado.
- When the potato is tender, remove the foil and skin. Chop into ¼ inch round slices. Slice the mushroom on an angle. Assemble the sandwiches and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.